Casa Aloe, in the heart of Tuscany, in the open countryside, just 2 km from the A1 exit of Monte San Savino.
Easy to reach, it is the ideal place
for a business or leisure stopover.
Easily reachable from the airports of Florence (1 hour by car), Pisa (1 hour 30 min), but also from Rome Ciampino and Fiumicino (2 hours and 30 min), Casa Aloe is perfect for those who love to travel, for those who want to most beautiful places in Tuscany and taste the extraordinary food and wine delights.
Located in a strategic position, Casa Aloe therefore allows you to reach places of extraordinary historical-artistic and landscape interest, with short trips.
- Arezzo (just 15 minutes from Casa Aloe) is the provincial capital, with its beautiful historic center, the frescoes by Piero della Francesca, the enveloping Piazza Grande, the historic antiques fair, which takes place every first Sunday of the previous month and Saturday (the one in September is particularly known, known throughout Italy). In June and September, let yourself be transported back to the Middle Ages with the Giostra del Saracino, a knightly competition among the Arezzo districts.
- Florence (an hour’s drive), the Tuscan capital, the birthplace of Dante Alighieri, a veritable treasure trove of art, history and culture. The Renaissance city par excellence.
- Siena and the Crete Senesi (40 min). Siena with its districts is famous all over the world for the Palio, an exciting horse race that takes place in July and August in the suggestive setting of Piazza del Campo.
- In about 2 hours and 30 minutes, you can reach Grosseto, Livorno, but also Lucca and Pistoia. In just over 2 hours, you can reach the Tuscan coast, rich in beaches, archeology, naturalistic oases, restaurants and famous clubs suitable for satisfying every type of need.
A few km from Casa Aloe, in the setting of the Valdichiana, is Cortona (30 minutes away), with its characteristic historic centre, the Etruscan museum (MAEC) and, a few km away, the Eremo delle Celle, once the home of San Francis. Cortona was made famous by the writer Frances Mayes with her book (and subsequent film), Sotto il sole della Toscana, ‘Under The Tuscan Sun’. A few kilometers from Cortona, a little jewel to discover: Castiglion Fiorentino. Lake Trasimeno is also easy to reach, with Palazzo della Corgna in Castiglione del Lago, a suggestive fortress overlooking the lake.
From Casa Aloe, Montalcino and Montepulciano can also be easily reached, perhaps for a tasting in the cellar or in the wine shop of Brunello and Chianti. Furthermore, for those who want a completely relaxing stay, just 20 minutes from Casa Aloe there are the thermal establishments of Rapolano Terme.
If you are stressed out and looking for relaxation
treat yourself to a holistic massage..
directly here at Casa Aloe!
Ida, owner of Casa Aloe, is an expert in holistic massages, and will be able to help you free yourself from the stress of everyday life. Without leaving the bed & breakfast, you can treat yourself to moments of relaxation right here!
Read here about holistic massages at the bnb Casa Aloe
For bike lovers,
infinite paths in nature
Here are some of the routes recommended by Monte San Savino:
- Gargonza Castle: duration 01:28 – 18.1 km. Slope: high
- Castle of Modanella: duration 02:38 – 32 km. Slope: high
- Civitella in Val di Chiana: duration 3:49 – 51 km. Slope: no
- Farneta Abbey: duration 3:35 – 59 km. Slope: slight
For more information, read here
Events in Monte San Savino
Monte San Savino, one of the symbolic towns of Valdichiana in Arezzo, is still known for its ceramics that skilled craftsmen forge daily in their workshops, using ancient techniques handed down from generation to generation. Monte San Savino is also known for an important demonstration/event of historical/fantasy modeling, the event is organized in the month of November and is set up inside the Cassero.
A few kilometers away is the beautiful medieval castle of Gargonza nestled in the woods above Monte San Savino.
Local shows and events:
February: Carnival of Foiano (5 minutes from Casa Aloe). It is the oldest carnival in Italy.
May: Serremaggio, Serre di Rapolano (30 min away). Medieval festival in the beautiful village of Rapolano. Maggiolata, Lucignano (10 mins away). Festival of the neighborhoods of the town with a parade of floral floats. Palio of Siena (40 mins away). Equestrian joust of medieval origin where the districts of the city challenge each other.
June: Saracino, Arezzo (30 min away). Knights trying to score the most by hitting ‘the Saracen’. Palio of Siena (45 mins away). Horse racing, historic event in Siena in Piazza del Campo. Torrita Blues in Torrita di Siena (25 min away). Blues Festival with national and international artists.
July: Battle of Scannagallo, Scannagallo, Pozzo della Chiana (5 min away). Historical revocation. Medieval markets, Castiglion del Lago (25 min). Medieval-style markets on the shores of Lake Trasimeno.
August: Palio di Siena (45 min away). Second edition of the oldest event in Siena. Trasimeno Blues in Castiglion del Lago (25 mins away). Review of blues music at Lake Trasimeno.
September: Porchetta Festival in Monte San Savino (5 min away). Saracino, Arezzo (30 minutes away); II edition, this time at night in the beautiful Piazza Grande.
November: Fiera dello Scaldino in Monte San Savino (5 minutes away): fair with typical local dishes.
Why do families like it?
Casa Aloe B&B is particularly popular with families because it has a large garden equipped with deck chairs and a gazebo for the exclusive use of guests. The fully fenced garden is particularly safe for children and animals.
In the area, traveling very short distances, you will find bars, pizzerias, restaurants and famous Brunello and Chianti wineries to give yourself a moment of pleasure for an aperitif, a lunch, a dinner or a delicious tasting of true Tuscan flavours. Furthermore, always a short distance from Casa Aloe, you will find golf courses, outlets for your shopping, swimming pools and gyms.
Just 10 minutes by car from Casa Aloe, the Equestrian Center of Arezzo (Loc. San Zeno), where national and international events such as the Coppa Italia Dressage take place all year round.
Call me and ask me for advice on:
sport in the open air
excursions in the woods with a guide